A basic guide to self-publishing:
These articles cover some basic self-publishing information and warnings. I also include related articles from other parts of the site. These materials are posted on this site for free individual and non-commercial use. They are provided as a public service. Out of respect for their creators, please follow our copyright policy.Sponsored links
Articles about Self-Publishing
- Between Publishers and Vanity Presses: Opportunities and Dangers in the Twilight Zone A look at some of the options for self-publishers. updated
- Choosing an Illustrator When Self-Publishing by Stan Jaskiel new!
- If You Are Considering Self-Publishing by Bev Cooke
- An Interview with Joi Nobisso: Self-Publisher or Small Press?
- An Interview with Lucas Miller: Smart Self-Publishing
- Self-Publish or Not? Should you self-publish? If so, when? updated
- Self-Publishing vs. Traditional Publishing: A Response to an Illustrator's Questions about Publishing Her Father's Poetry (Blog entry)
- What a Publisher Does and what you would have to do to self-publish successfully.
- Writing and Publishing a Board Book including information on self-publishing one.
Useful Related Articles
- The ALA Convention: Notes of an Independent Publisher
- Children's Ebooks (Blog entry)
- The Cost of Hardcover Books (Blog entry)
- The Current Climate for Children's Books
- Getting the Word Out: Marketing Children's Books by Barbara Cohen
- Handling Foreign Rights (Blog entry)
- Info for Author Days by Aaron Shepard
- Keeping Books in Print
- Non-profit and Grant-supported Publishers (Blog entry)
- Picture Book Manuscripts and Illustrations
- Self-editing Your Middle-Grade Novel by Margot Finke
- Trade vs. Mass Market vs. School 'n Library: Basics of the Biz
- Why Does a Picture Book Cost $16?
Publishing Children's Books -- complete index of articles
I hope you have found this page and this site useful. Please visit The Purple Crayon Bookstores page to find some recommended bookstores and to learn how to support this site while doing your usual online shopping. Thank you.The Purple Crayon on Google+.