Recommended Related Books:
Best of the Site
This page brings together the most visited, the most useful, and the best written resources on this site. Many are also indexed on other pages. These materials are posted on this site for free individual and non-commercial use. They are provided as a public service. Out of respect for their creators, please follow our copyright policy.Sponsored links
- The Acquisition Process
- Getting Started: Really Basic Information for Children's Writers and Illustrators
- Getting Out of the Slush Pile: My now-classic guide to avoiding many common pitfalls and developing a sound strategy to submit manuscripts.
- Children's Book Agents and Artist's Representatives: a Guide: General information about what agents and artist's reps do, and how to find one. updated
- Resource Guide from The Complete Idiot's Guide to Publishing Children's Books: This is a sizable list of resources from the back of my book, reproduced in its entirety, including books, magazines, web sites, and organizations.
- Help! The Writing Process of The Dirty Cowboy: From Family Story to Published Book: by Amy Timberlake. This article tells the story of how a manuscript evolved through many versions and became a printed book.
- Rites of Submission: Cover Letters and Queries by Jacqueline Ogburn
- Writing Picture Books: The Basics by Margot Finke
- Who's Moving Where?: This list tracks editors (and sometimes others) moving from company to company.
- Awards and Award-winning Children's Books
- Glossary From my book, this is the most comprehensive glossary of publishing terms that I've found anywhere online.
I hope you have found this page and this site useful. Please visit The Purple Crayon Bookstores page to find some recommended bookstores and to learn how to support this site while doing your usual online shopping. Thank you.The Purple Crayon on Google+.